Monday, June 17, 2019

Triforce, Tricity

Email written: 6/17/19

Hey everyone! It's been another great week here in Uppsala. Well, kind of Uppsala. I was outside of my area about half the week and so I guess I'll have to say it was a great week in Stockholm, Gävle, and Uppsala! Also, I was talking to my parents recently and they told me that this email is the 100th email I've sent out since entering the MTC.

On Monday night, we went out to Stockholm for my last zone conference. At the close of every zone conference, all the missionaries that are going home are asked to come up and give their 'dying testimony', because in mission lingo, the act of going home from your mission is called dying. Well, I got up and made sure everyone knew that my testimony was a LIVING testimony. I spoke of how my experiences on my mission have allowed to me to grow and develop into the person that I needed to become. I spoke of the change that happened in my heart and compared how I felt and acted in the MTC, to how I felt now. Through Jesus Christs, our hearts truly can be changed. 

Right after zone conference, we headed to a ward activity where one of the older members in the ward was going to be talking about his life. We had no idea what to expect but it turned out that this member, Odd, was actually a very successful photographer and so he showed us all of his projects, some in Palestine, Ghana, and even in some mines from Northern Sweden. It was fascinating! We had no idea that our man Odd was so talented and had such an interesting back story. We talked to him a little bit more about it afterwards and we became great friends with him and then all of a sudden he started talking about people that he knows that need the gospel and so we are going to be working more closely with him on that one! 

Later on in the week, we had the chance to go on splits, and I had the great privilege of going out to Gävle. Man I love that place! We did so many things that day and we were pretty much out from the start of the day to the end of the day. I am just filled with so much joy and just appreciation for having this unique opportunity to see the members that I had become such good friends with, and now this time, at the end of my mission. I even got to see Veronika, and her new baby when I was there! Words can't describe the joy I felt. So many times I felt the overwhelming feeling that the work I did in Gävle, as well as the rest of Sweden was impactful and meaningful. 

The rest of the week has just been going on one visit to the other and were not slowing down! Something that was a little tough was the majority of the people we were going to visit, ended up cancelling last minute, and because of that, there's not much else to report, but this upcoming week will be midsommar, and so we will be celebrating with a few members at their house out in the country side. We'll definitely be eating some potatoes and herring, mmmm. 

Ta hand om er! Vi hörs!







No comments:

Post a Comment